Taking a spin on the city’s name, hundreds of dog lovers will gather in Manzanita Oregon Sept 11th and 12th for the 7th annual Muttzanita festival.
The 2015 event has expanded hours, joining with the Farmers Market on Friday evening. People can enjoy “Yappy Hour” with live music, spirit tastings, local eateries, “Bones & Brew” and other adult and family activities in preparation for Saturdays activities. Early registration will be available from 5 pm to 8 pm.
Saturday will have local businesses and vendor booths, games and contests (for humans too) keeping festival goers busy and engaged during the full day of activities .
Where else can you experience the wonders of the Oregon coast and engage with like-minded animal lovers? The weekend is packed with dog & human related contests and hilarious activities, demonstrations, gourmet dog biscuits, numerous vendor booths, children activities, an animal (and human) costume contest and pet parade down main street on Saturday morning. The day’s events come to a close at 4:00 pm
The festival welcomes well-behaved dogs and cats of all sizes and shapes (and their humans) that are at least 6 months old and are on a short leash.
- You can participate even if you don’t have a furry friend. Become a judge !
- Have your photo taken with your pet for your 2015 holiday card
- Purchase a t-shirt in support of our fundraising efforts for United Paws of Tillamook and our Emergency Volunteer Corp.
- Pick up information about emergency preparedness for your pets.
- Hear about holistic food options, get your animal micro-chipped, talk with a Vet!
- TASTING TOUR: Get in the spirit Friday evening and enjoy Yappy Hour with Oregon wine and local food vendors. Bones and Brew will be happening Saturday from noon to 6
- Be a hero and give a second chance to one of our shelter pets if you are looking for your forever friend.
- Spend the weekend at any of our pet friendly inns, hotels, B&B’s or homes available for rent.
- Your support of our silent action items will go directly to the two organizations this event supports, United Paws of Tillamook and the Emergency Volunteer Corp.